Explore new development & technologies for a global platform
Buchanan (a WPP company) is the world’s leading provider of endorsement advertising platforms across television, digital and social. As an agency network spanning 40 countries, our brand communication innovations continue to drive phenomenal growth. And now you have the chance to grow with us.
Buchanan’s highly successful HomeTesterClub.com is undergoing further expansion and global growth. As such we are looking for a developer with a inquisitive mind-set to join our development team (based in various locations around the globe) to drive new ideas and activations on our Home Tester Club site. You need to be an independent thinker, willing to interrogate new solutions, and able to research third party software services to drive the scale of Home Tester Club. A willingness to understand business goals and rationale for development will be crucial to success in the role.
You will be expected to have a broad skill set, able to work on independently and within a team, and looking to expand your knowledge across a range of technical areas.
- Expertise in all things ASP.NET/MVC, C# and Entity Frameworks (POCO) sandbox development and live deployment.
- Solid Experience with SQL Server, MS SQL Management Studio - query efficiency, stored procedures, job automation
- Proficient understanding of the web: protocols, architecture, infrastructure, servers (IIS), high availability.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML 5, CSS3, and web standards
- Experience with modern JS frameworks (JQuery, AngularJS, BootStrap)
- Experience with Development tools: Visual Studio, GitHub, Appveyor, Jira, Slack
- Experience with Charting ie AnyChart, SVG
- Understanding / Experience in Amazon Web Services frameworks (S2, S3, Cloudfront, Amazon RDS)
- Social Media Integration
- Experience with API development
- Experience in leading their own work to produce a complex website or app
- A practical problem-solver, who explores both innovative and pragmatic solutions depending on the challenge.
- Strong sense of error checking / debugging various scenarios and attention to UI/UX detail.
- Personable presentation skills
- Ensure a collaborative approach between stakeholders in various offices / locations globally